Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sweet Summer Rice Salad

I found this recipe in the warranty card of my rice cooker. I had a lot of brown rice and wanted to use some of it so I thought I would try it.


I was surprised at how nice it is - although I must admit Tom was less fussed over this one. It makes a huge amount so I think I will be eating it all week. I am happy enough with that.

Sweet Summer Rice Salad
Serves 8

2 cups cooked and cooled brown rice
225 g tin pineapple pieces
1 carrot, grated
1/2 celery, finely chopped
1/2 cup currants

1/2 cup juice (from the pineapple)
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup white wine vinegar

Mix rice, pineapple, carrot, celery and currents together in large bowl.

Whisk together the juice honey and vinegar, until honey is dissolved.

Mix dressing through salad. Serve immediately.

No comments: