Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Whole Family

This is one of my sets of china.

It is probably my third biggest set. As mentioned previously it is Royal Doulton Countess. I have the following pieces:-
  1. One teapot
  2. Two large round platters
  3. One medium round platter
  4. Two breakfast cups and saucers
  5. Eight Tea cups and saucers
  6. Eight small plates
  7. Two milk jugs
  8. One sugar bowl
Seems like a lot when I catalogue it like that.

I use it quite often. This is mostly because fine china needs to be washed regularly (at least once per year) to avoid crazing.

This afternoon when my husband (who was studying) asked for a cup of tea I used this set. I thought since I was using it, I should wash it all. So I did and then took some photos so all the folks at home can see how pretty it all is. :)

6 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Oh. So I'd better wash stuff. Hmmm. Never knew that. Thanks for the tip. You do realise that my hubby is not going to be impressed with me suggesting we wash the whole set when we have people over for dinner.

Leslie said...

Oh I just love good china!
I have some of my mother's Colclough.

BG said...

So beautiful!

Louisa Claire said...

I am jealous! I have just started collecting (tea cups, not the whole set) and didn't realise quite what an expensive hobby it is! I am impressed that you use your set so often!

Givinya De Elba said...

They're gorgeous! I too am impressed that you use them so often.

Dee said...

I never knew that about washing them, not that I have any myself, but mum does. They are lovely pieces