Monday, September 14, 2009

Pizza and Salad

I made pizza and salad for lunch on Sunday. I was a nice easy meal to use up the leftover green salad I made to take to a friends place on Sunday night and the rice salad I am currently keen on.


The pizza was especially good. I did a half Tom/half me pizza which consisted of chicken/pepperoni with cheese for Tom and I can't believe it's not bacon and capsicum for me.


I am a fan of the no cheese pizza. I don't think pizza really needs cheese when you have a good base and lots of tomato paste on it.

2 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh yum! Our favourite pizza at the moment is roasted pumpkin, spinach and ricotta pizza. Admittedly, with cheese. Minimal cheese.

My dough recipe makes 2 bases so I can cook one and freeze one. This means every second pizza comes without the kneading and rising.

Femina said...

Wow, no cheese? As my favourite pizza is margherita I am obviously baffled by the 'no cheese' thing. :D

A couple of weeks ago I had a truly spectacular pizza at a local cafe - pesto, roast capsicum, spinach, bocconcini and pumpkin puree. It was possibly the best pizza I've ever eaten in my life.