Sunday, November 02, 2008

My Royal Crown Derby




I think the only appropriate word for this collection is splendid.

It was Tom's grandmother set and she left it to him when she passed away. I think he might have been her favorite because she left him quite a few very nice things. Luckily my husband is the type of man who appreciated things of beauty (which is obvious since he loves me!) and we both adore this china set.

I used it yesterday when I had a cup of tea with breakfast. It was so delightful to drink from I ended up drinking a whole pot of peppermint tea!

2 comments:

Femina said...

So glad to hear you actually use it. It's heartbreaking to see beautiful things being left to go dusty when they were designed to be used.

Swift Jan said...

The only word that I can think of is WOW.

Splendid indeed! I also am glad that you use it.

I should really did out MY grandmothers china set....