Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Once upon a time

Ahhhhh and the novels start.

Once upon a time there was a girl who was studying at university. Instead of studying for her business and pysch exams she read books, cleaned her parent's house, rearranged her room and baked naughty goodies like cakes and biscuits.

Then the girl grew up. She became a woman and decided to do some more study. Instead of studying for her law exams she read books. Though to her credit she has not yet cleaned her parents house, or rearranged her room. Don't ask about the naughty goodies.

(If you don't understand why you can' ask about the naughty goodies read this)

Yes the girl, now woman is me. I love a good read. Especially when I really should be doing something else. So today I bought two new books and then rediscovered a whole series in my shelves that I would love to read again. Just like my uni study it has been ten years since I read these books and they are great.

The series is called The Song of Albion.


There are three books and, as I recall, they are all excellent. I would highly recommend them to anyone not studying for their final exams at the moment.

They are written by Stephen Lawhead. He is a great author and has a lovely way of interspersing his faith into his science-fiction novels.

2 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

I'm finding that blogging is becoming just as much of a time waster as reading has always been. Yes, I read when I should have been studying. I think there should be a support group for us.

Swift Jan said...

MY hubby loves novels! He gets like 4 out of the library at a time. Doesn't always finish them in time though.
I am more of a magazine girl myself. But a procrastinator... absolutely! :)