Saturday, January 31, 2009

Walking

I have taken up walking regularly again.

(My SC colleagues will be pleased - I may even post there again one day soon)

I have changed my route from the one I have been using for the past three/four years. (Goodness that is a long time now that I write it! ) My new walking route is approximately 1 hour 10 minutes long. I walked it three times this week with 5 kilo hand weights. I rock!

Anyway, that is not the point of this post.

Today I was walking and saw a few funny things.
  • A Napoleon Dynamite looking teen walking home from the bus, listening to his iPod and play the air drums intensely
  • A man mowing dirt (there was no grass) in a full business suit
  • Two men lying side by side on the footpath trying to see under the car parked on the curb
I love looking at the houses in our suburb when I walk but I think from now on I will pay more attention to the odd people I see to live near...

5 comments:

Femina said...

Forget the hand weights; just take a camera!

Hippomanic Jen said...

Good on you for walking. And I think the camera is a great idea for blog-fodder

Givinya De Elba said...

Too funny. Take a camera!!

Swift Jan has a great story about what she saw out walking one day. But I don't know if she visits here to leave a comment! So I'll jsut tell you that it involves an elderly lady pedalling for her life on an exercise bike that had been left out on the footpath for the Council's Kerbside Collection. Ha!

Kitty and Glen said...

I love the Napoleon Dynamite guy...but imagine how much worse that would have been if he was sitting next to you on the bus.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! We should go walking together sometime. I've just started running again, and would like to get some walks in as well.