Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Coastal Markets

Tom and I went to the Eumundi Markets the week before last. They were huge and I mean HUGE. I have never ever been to markets this big. There were hundreds and hundred of stalls and thousands of people there - and it was a Wednesday!

I am not really into crafty things so my main purchasing focus was food. Yes, food, glorious food. I ate hot sausage with mustard (and sauerkraut) from the German Sausage Hut. I ate Dutch poffertjes with icing sugar. And I bought a raspberry tart from the stall below - the lady from " Swiss Cakes" had such a lovely selection I almost couldn't chose - but I worked through it and was very happy with my choice.


The fashion of those at the markets was varied (at best) but these boots/sandals really take the cake. I mean who would leave the house in these? There is not way that they could be comfortable.

2 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Oh, your post reminds me that we haven't heard much of you at Skinny Cow recently. ;)

(Sounds like my nickname should be "evilla" - hang on, that's just the word verification!)

Sounds like a wonderful relaxing day.

Givinya De Elba said...

Heck, Skinny Cow hasn't heard from ME either! That's because I am a rapidly fattening cow.

Ready for slaughter?

Hm.

Check out those boots/sandals! Built for style, not for service.