Thursday, November 06, 2008

A friend indeed

A clever blogger today said

Everyone "will remember how you treated them when times were tough, when they needed a break, when a little support meant everything.

No one in particular will remember how you acted during the boom times"

I think that is really true.

For example - I am super stressed at the moment about my uni exam and assignment which are both due/happening on Monday. This afternoon my boss said I could leave a little early to get home and do my assignment rather than waiting for her to finish a meeting so that she could talk to me. She remembered what was happening in my life - despite the fact that she has a billion things happening in hers and was kind when I needed the extra time and support. I could have kissed her - except she is in another state.

Small acts of consideration for others are not difficult or taxing but gee they make a big difference.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Katy said...

So true, you are lucky to have a boss that actually thinks about their works like people :-) instead of part of the money making machine. I hope you get all your assignments done. Good Luck.

Dee said...

What a great boss! Good luck with exams

Lilly said...

That is so true, what a great boss. They are few and far between. Good luck with your exams. I remember thos times well. Soon it will be over and you can relax!!

Tash said...

Good luck with your exam/assignment combo - why do they always happen on the one day! Such buggers!