Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Biscuits in the swamp land

In June Tom and I visited France. We stayed in Arles and drove to a near by walled city called Aigues-Mortes which is in the Languedoc-Roussillon region. The walled city was amazing but what really caught my attention was the biscuit shop.



It is better if we don't discuss how many euros I spent on biscuits and better still that I didn't work out how many Australian dollars those euros equated to. Sometimes it is best not to do the currency conversion - it is just too upsetting.

The biscuit shop was probably the most impressive in the world. It had HUGE quantities of biscuits piled up for purchase. They all melted in your mouth - and probably, once melted, oozed straight to my thighs.



It also had all manner of sweets, lollies, fudges and other diabetic coma inducing goodness.




I have never seen anything like this in Australia and, to be fair, that is probably just as well.

3 comments:

Kitty and Glen said...

I am so going there!!

Hippomanic Jen said...

It looks just like a fruit & veg shop... only BETTER!

Dee said...

OMG - come to Australia Biscuit shop!