Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Birthday Book

Tom gave me lots of lovely presents for my Birthday (Thanks love!). One of them is the latest Jamie Oliver recipe book Ministry of Food. It is a great recipe book with wonderful pictures of each dish and easy to follow instructions using simple ingredients.

The book also contains a message. A message about eating well and being healthy enough to enjoy life. The name of the book is based on UK Ministry of Food that was created during the Second World War to make sure the food rationing was working and make sure people knew how to best use the rations of food they received.

It is a great reminder that knowing how to cook nutritious food from scratch is an important skill and one that fewer and fewer people have these days.

I see great value and worth in being able to cook. It is something I enjoy almost as much as eating - and we all know I enjoy eating!

2 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Sounds like an excellent gift for a cook...

Actually, sounds like an excellent gift for someone who can't cook, too.

Dee said...

I might go check that book out. I used to like cooking from scratch, at least you know whats in it that way.