Monday, November 10, 2008

Bridesmaid Surprise

I think that the best thing about being a bridesmaid is getting to spend time with the bride's other close friends and family. So essentially the best thing about being a bridesmaid is the other bridesmaids.

Don't get me wrong, being in the wedding is wonderful, making a funny speech is great, looking awesome in your flash bridesmaid dress is a blast and being so close to the celebrations as two people publicly commit themselves to each other for the rest of their lives is brilliant.

The other bridesmaids are the best because they are unexpected.

I have had the privileged of being a bridesmaid twice. Both times I was surprised and delighted to find how much fun it was to spend time with the other bridesmaids, particularly those I didn't know very well.

I suppose it makes sense that we would get on well since we have the same friend but both times it was unexpected and lots of fun. It made being a bridesmaid even better.

I love weddings and I loved being involved in the two weddings that I bridesmaided in.

Here is a photo from my wedding, which even for me, Bridezilla, was a really fun day.

4 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Do we ... err, know each other? I'm sorry. I should, shouldn't I? It's just that if Peter D was the minister who married you, then we have some shared history ... somewhere back there ... and I can't place your face or your husband's face either ... I feel so stupid. Email me at ukulelefly at gmail dot com and tell me what I'm missing.

PS today's Word Verification is 'pingdorb', what a cool word. Just thought I'd mention that.

Hippomanic Jen said...

I'm so glad you said that Givinya, because I was looking at the photo thinking that the minister looks very much like Peter D - and then thinking that I haven't seen him for years and maybe it's not.

But then we might know you. I remember a conversation where Givinya and I both thought that you were a friend of the other, but then we realised that neither of us knows you (from the photos you post at least). Now I'm all confused.

This internet thing is scary.

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

Well I know you both - so there!

And you are right - it is Peter D.

Jen - G de E will explain who I am.

Le said...

you look divine - the happiest of days no doubt - cheers le