Thursday, March 12, 2009

In my illness

I had the flu this week and was quite quite miserable.

I started feeling sick last week if I am honest - which I wasn't with myself. So by Tuesday I was really sick. I went through three full boxes of aloe vera tissues in one day. I felt so terrible all I wanted to eat was special K.

But today finally I am starting to feel like I am on the mend. The tap that is my nose has finally turned off, my eyes have stopped watering and that wonderful hot/cot sensation has finally gone.

To celebrate I have done a few loads of washing. Oh the fun. How can I contain myself?

5 comments:

Femina said...

Doing washing is pretty hard-core when you've been feeling so yuck. Well, the hanging out/taking in part, anyway. Hope you're feeling a lot better soon.

Hehe... the word verification is "eurblea". Say it out loud - I bet it sounds a lot like how you've felt for the past few days.

Givinya De Elba said...

I'm glad you're on the mend, but sorry you've been feeling so gross.

My word verification is nalingen. That sounds better. Hope you're feeling really nalingen SOON!

pam said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I was sick too. I'm just glad I was sick this week, and not next week (spring break!).

Hippomanic Jen said...

Sorry to hear that things weren't good. Glad that they are improving, but that washing does pile up, doesn't it? There are times I think the washing basket is a malevolent force.

Nauntie Lush said...

I have a theory that the wash basket is a lot like the dust bunnies or any bunnies for that matter, and they multiply like mad. Especially when one is sick.

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

And the tinned bacon is cooked bacon strips laid out on wax paper then rolled to fit into the can. It smells kind of weird, which we think is the smoke flavor, but tastes good. It also looks a bit odd because of all of the fat that settles at the bottom of the can. So now we just have saved it for gifts and emergency use!