Saturday, December 20, 2008

Red shoes

I bought a pair of red shoes a few weeks ago. They are gorgeous! I am completely besotted with them. And they seem to draw a lot of attention from other women.

A lot of my friends, family and work colleagues commented that they are "nice" or "cute", which is lovely.

Some random strangers have made slightly stranger less lovely comments - the best of which were:

"isn't it only clowns and hookers who wear red shoes?"

"I love your red shoes, you could be Dorothy from the wizard of oz, there is no place like home" - this was made by worse by the fact that she did actions with her feet - tapping the heels of her shoes together as she said "there is no place like home".

7 comments:

Femina said...

Don't listen to them - every girl needs a pair of red shoes! I found the cutest pair of red Mary Janes in an op shop... NEVER worn and they cost me $8.

Anonymous said...

Were they the shoes you were wearing yesterday? They are gorgeous!

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

yes the one I wore yesterday.

I am glad you like them too

Kitty and Glen said...

Man, that's harsh about the hooker comment! What, are we still living in the 50s?

I have a great pair of red shoes that I used to bust out at work for important meetings. They never failed to impress my female colleagues, and I'm sure some of my male colleagues were secretly smitten too.

xxoo

Allegro ma non troppo said...

Yeah, but people are dumb. Think of how dumb the average person is, and realise that half the people on earth are even stupider... these are the people who say such things about your awesome shoes.

Wear them every day, I say!

Swift Jan said...

Red shoes ROCK! Those who dont understand that have no fashion sense! hehe

Hippomanic Jen said...

Personally have no red shoes, but really admire anyone who has such lovely, bright, clothing.