Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Random House Publishing

A strangest thing happened to me yesterday.

A parcel was delivered to my door that I was not expecting. Tom found it and called out to let me know that it had arrived. "What did you order" he asked. I thought about it for a moment, racking my brain to think of any recent ebay or phone purchases. I buy a lot of things on the net or over the phone and have them posted home. It is not unusual for packages to arrive at our house but I could not think of anything I had bought recently.

So I took the package inside and opened it. The package was from Dymocks (the bookstore) and in it was a book.

It is a book I have never seen before, by an author I have never heard of.

Also, I have never ordered anything from Dymocks. So how on earth did they get my name and address details? And why did they send me this book?

Apart from a GPO Box in Sydney there were no contact details on the package, so I may never know what the story behind this random gift is.

But I am going to read the book. It looks ok and it would be awful to waste it.

4 comments:

Dee said...

Maybe its a new way of advertsing books, send them to random people who will blog about them - free publicity! LOL

Givinya De Elba said...

Well it wasn't me, but let's pretend it was.

You're very welcome.

The Vintage Rose said...

How strange, hope they don't send a letter asking for it in unread, as new condition. But do tell, what was it called?

Swift Jan said...

Oh wow! That IS interseting....