Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Arles and Pets

I am not really very good with animals. I think a part of that is being allergic to some of them. But equally another part is not having very much exposure to animals. So while I appreciate them, I am often awkward around them.

In the photo above I am reaching down to pet a cat in Arles. Arles is a country town with a population of about 50,000 in the South of France.

My husband took this photo of me and - apart from it being mostly a photo of my backside - I think it is a great photo. The composition and structure is excellent.

But you should know that in this photo where I am reaching down to pet a cat - that is purely a pose. I did not actually touch the cat.

3 comments:

Kitty and Glen said...

Ha! I must admit, when I first saw that photo I thought "Can't believe she touched that cat, yet won't pat Max! Ripped off!"

Glad you cleared that up, though.

Dee said...

I thought you were going to say the cat attcked you, LOL

Hippomanic Jen said...

That IS such an elegant old-worldy photo - even if you did not touch the cat.