Saturday, September 20, 2008

Weekday Vegan

I love meat. I love chicken. I am reasonably keen on fish when served with chips. But during the week I am a vegan.

I eat no meat, poultry, fish, eggs, milk, butter or cheese. I do this to maintain my weight and because I LOVE VEGETABLES and eating lots of them makes me feel great.

My staple week day meals are pumpkin and spinach lasagne, vegetable curry and avocado on toast. I also make a mean burrito and potato & cauliflower soup.

Tom is addicted to my vegan sultana biscuits and I would make them more often for him if only so many of them didn't end up in my little belly.

On the weekends it is more difficult to not eat animal and animal products so I just eat what everyone else is eating. More often than not we eat out on the weekend and go to our families' place for dinner. I don't like to make a big fuss about what I am eating so I just don't usually tell people about the vegan thing.

I do not eat a mostly vegan diet because I am concerned about the treatment of animals. It is not that this does not concern me, it just isn't the reason I chose to eat mostly fruit and vegetables.

The best thing about eating vegan during the week is that I don't have to worry about how much I am eating. I can pretty much eat as much as I feel like. I can eat carbs. I love pasta, rice and all things bread related.

I also eat mostly organic food. It just tastes better.

So there you have it.......my complicated diet explained in one small post...

8 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

HEY! That sounds like a diet I could manage! I like it, thanks for the idea. I'll have to try it.

Allegro ma non troppo said...

Isn't it great to have one night a week for take-away food? Ours is Sunday, and I look forward to everyone ordering what they darn well want!

Those two teacups on your sidebar look nice, expecially the top one. Do you have more pictures? How much would they be worth?

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

Thanks Givinya and Crazy for posting on my blog.

Glad you like the teacups. Yeah they are expensive and hugely impractical. I think anything that does not go into the dishwasher is bad but I can't help myself. I have heaps but haven't taken lots of photos of them. I will have to do that at some stage

Talking about take-away, we had fish and chips (and salad) tonight for dinner. It was great. not very vegan, but great.

Leslie said...

Hi! How's your day going?
Love the teacups in the sidebar! :)

BG said...

Wow, interesting plan.
You should put up some receipies!
Nice to read your blog!
Belinda

Louisa Claire said...

I am inspired!

Givinya De Elba said...

Since I first read this post, I've been trying something similar (but with a higher fat content, I bet) - Weekday Vegetarian. The family loves it and we have found some awesome recipes.

But I can imagine that if we went vegan, there's be much less dairy fat in our diets than we are having now!

Dee said...

I wish I could do this, but it would mean cooking multiple meals!