Saturday, September 20, 2008

Cosmetic purchases

My fabulous beauty therapist recommended a website http://www.strawberrynet.com , which is run out of Hong Kong and sells big brand cosmetics at vastly reduced prices.

I was brand loyal to Estee Lauder for about 10 years but this year I have changed over to Christian Dior. Why chose Dior? Because there was someone at the counter to help me. She spent time with me choosing a foundation for my pale white skin.

I am really liking the DiorSkin Forever in Ivory and it is SPF 25, which will hopefully help keep my skin pale white. But it is pretty expensive at about $80 a bottle - which lasts me about six months. So on my beauty therapists recommendation I ordered some from strawberrynet.

It arrived about 7 days after I ordered it. Unfortunelty I didn't order Ivory. I ordered Light Beige - idiot. Must be more careful in future.

Anyway when it arrived I emailed them and they said to post it back for a full refund. Now that is a good returns policy.

I have since also ordered the biggest bottle of toner you have ever seen in your life (who knew 400ml was so much?) and the correct colour foundation. Both of which turned up with zero hassle.

Now I am thinking that I need some more lipstick....

1 comment:

Louisa said...

I too have heard good things about this site...good to hear they have such good customer service! Am really curious to know if anyone votes "I don't like chocolate" on your poll! I think you will like one of our Where the Blog are You? featured bloggers this week...