Sunday, September 14, 2008

Spare time

Where did my spare time go? I think I must had dropped it running for the bus or maybe I put it through the washing machine to many times?

I used to have heaps of time to relax, watch TV, surf the net, read home-maker magazines, experiment with recipes, review my plethora of recipe books, reorganise my china collection, alphabetise my DVDs by the director's country of origin and generally indulge in whatever activity I wanted.

It seems that the choices I have made in my life have led to a marked decrease in the amount of spare time that I now have. I now get approximately none (note Yes Minister reference)

Why?
I chose to start some more study.

I only have two degrees which is clearly insufficient, so I have decided to go for a trifecta and do another one. This one specifically relates to my work. So I have also decided to change jobs to one that is much less related to my study. The move is due to take place this Thursday. I am still wondering if this move is the right decision but that is a topic for another post....

I realise that it is entirely my own fault for not having much spare time anymore. I make choices like working full time, studying, eating food I have prepared myself, washing my clothes, spending time with my family and family in law, and sleeping which make my life busy.

This realisation does not make me any happier about the fact that there are still 8 seasons of the x-files that I have not yet watched and that I will not have time to make veal schnitzel with dill potato salad for quite some time.

No comments: