Thursday, November 05, 2009

Freedom

I have completed my scholastic obligations for the year. No more study, tutorials, lectures or irritatingly thin, poorly dressed 17 year olds until next year. Hallelujah!

What did I learn this semester?
  • One subject is better than two for my sanity.
  • A contract may be voidable where the conduct of the party not mistaken amounts to "sharp practice"
  • Having a cleaner is good (the new one started last week, bless her).
  • Some contracts are divisible and rest are lump sum contracts.
  • I have the best husband in the world (actually I knew that already).
  • Contracts to murder someone are not illegal to make, only illegal to perform and hard to enforce.
  • Contract law is mostly boring.

The most difficult part of studying is finding motivation.

The actual study is not that difficult. It just requires time and effort. Lots and lots of effort. Focus to read the texts and the cases. Attention to listen to the lectures. And energy to take notes and digest the information.

I am wondering where I will find the motivation for next semester. Perhaps my motivation well will be refilled while I am on holidays in a few weeks? Or is there a utility company I should call to organise a top up?

I am glad that there are no summer subjects that I could do right now because I don't think my heart would be in it anyway.

But come next year, I will hopefully be refreshed and ready to start again. Torts and International Legal Perspectives, here I come! or more accurately - I'll be right there, after this short commercial break......

5 comments:

pam said...

Irritatingly thin, poorly dressed 17 year old! Love it! I would love to hear how you would describe my 8th graders. Wait...I don't think there are words to describe them.

Odd Jeppesen said...

Finished scholastic obligations for the year... for a minute there, I thought I was on another planet. Nope, right planet, wrong place. You're heading into Summer while I get ready to freeze.

As for motivation... how about the thought of putting all your skills to use on behalf of your first client?

Allegro ma non troppo said...

I'd sign on for a Motivation utility service. Definitely.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Yeah. If you find out where the motivation top up is available, I don't mind paying you commission.

I will not dis-motivate you by telling you what every law student I have ever known thinks about Torts. (I don't know what it is about, just what they thought of it).

Enjoy your break.

Anonymous said...

Go you! Now we have time to play a few rounds of the Train of Questionable Morals... Boo yah!