Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Party: The invitation

Next the party needed some awesome invites so that previously mentioned family and friends will know to attend.

So after several expensive trips to several stationery shops. I put together these little babies - are they nice?


Please note sticker lace on left of invite which took me hours and hours to put on the invites.

I sort of underestimated how long it would take me to construct the invitations. This is what each one involved
  • Cut backing card to shape
  • print invite on paper
  • cut paper to shape
  • stick paper on card
  • stick lace sticker on card
  • stick magnet on back of card
  • print name/address on envelope
  • put invite in envelope
  • seal envelope
  • put "invitation" sticker on back of envelope
  • put stamp on front of envelope
So I thought it would take one afternoon - it took three solid nights and that was with my lovely husbands help!

Anyway we sent them out and almost everyone said they would come along - Yay!

4 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Very nice! Some things just take ages don't they? The end product was lovely.

Kitty and Glen said...

If I knew about your talent with invitations last year, I would have palmed off our wedding invites to you! Darnit!

Hippomanic Jen said...

I love them. Have you any ideas for my Beloved's "Unspecified Round Birthday" Party at the end of the year? Oh. He probably won't care if they are pretty or not. Probably not really into lace.

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

Thanks Givinya

Glad I didn't mention it previously Kitty! :)

Jen - I would recommend buying a nice solid colour card, like blue or red and printing directly onto that. If you buy A4 sheets you can cut that into three DL shaped invites (which means only one print and two cuts per three invites). I highly recommend buying stick-on magnets for the back of the invite so people can stick it straight on their fridge (so Aussie) and putting an "invitation" sticker on the back of the envelope to make it a bit exciting for people to open. Also Australia post sells special party themed stamps (which are normal price).

And get your Beloved to print or write all the addresses on the envelopes for you because - trust me on this one - you won't feel like doing it by that stage.