Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Party: The day

The day started off like any other day, I got up, got dressed and ran out of the house having slept to late. We started at the party product place to get the helium cylinder, balloons, streamers and banners etc. Then to pick up the cake and back home to start making the salads.

In my infinite wisdom and mostly because of my good taste and need to organise everything myself I self catered the party. Luckily I had help. My brother peeling about 6 kg of potatoes while I cooked 1 kg of bacon. Then my awesome friend came over and started on the green salads. I should publically apologise for making her start with the onion, I honestly didn't think that salad onions made people cry - I was wrong - cutting them up had her in tears in seconds and me in tears when I wiped up the cutting board - they were potent!

So my friend cut up onions, tomatoes, capsicum (green and yellow), cucumber, celery while I did my thing putting now cooked potatoes with the bacon and copious amounts of potato salad dressing.

After all was ready we went to the hall to decorate. The balloons and banners really made the place look great. And Tom set up a projector on a screen to play photos of Grandma all night.

We had nuts and chocolates on the tables. Pink and Green napkins in the Champagne glasses and we all had to really think about how to set the table "properly".

And after all that we went home for a quick nanna nap before the big event.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The photos are great! What a splendid affair it was! (I'm trying some grandma speak there...)