Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Can't blog now reading

I was given Twilight for Christmas last year and I have finally found time to start it.

(If you don't know this book you have been living under a rock)

The book is great and I am enjoying it. I started reading it on Monday morning on my flight from BrisVegas to our National's capital. I finished it later that day - after working a full day.

So then of course I needed to buy the sequel. So I went to the shops at lunch Tuesday and bought.....the third book in the series of four. Not the outcome I was after.

I didn't realise I had bought the wrong book until I was on the plane home last night. At which time I was looking down the barrel of a darn boring 2 and a bit hour flight. I thought about it for a few minutes and then started the third one. I figure I will read the second on next.

Because that is how the numbers go right? 1...3...2....4. Makes perfect sense.

5 comments:

Femina said...

Just don't tell any Buffy fans. They're rabid at the best of times and they HAAAAAAATE Twilight with the fire of a thousand suns. Most of them hate it without ever having read it, of course.

I am in the unusual position of not being all that interested in Buffy but loving Firefly and Serenity. Buffy fans don't know what to do with me, because apparently if you like one Joss Whedon show you're meant to be fanatical about them all. Meh. I might go read Twilight now just to tick them off...

Hippomanic Jen said...

I hate it when the number isn't big enough and I accidentially get the wrong book in a series (or didn't realised that it WAS part of a series)? Grrr.

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

Seriously Femina if you want to read them I will post them to you. I am up to book four and the week isn't finished yet - I will be finished the whole series by Sat.

If you want to borrow them I am happy to post them to you - and you can post them back when you are done.

pam said...

I've read the first two, but have the last two waiting.

Femina said...

Seriously? If you don't mind paying for postage (just for one way, obviously) I would love to borrow them! But not for a little while because I just raided a friend's bookshelves and have about 10 books to get through first. I'll email you.