Thursday, August 13, 2009

TV Time

I don't have much time for TV.

I could watch hours of it but I do work full time and study so I don't indulge in it very often. Usually the times I do watch tv is when I travel for work and when Tom and I watch tv series.

Watching tv series is great! Earlier in the year we watched the X-Files from start to finish - All 9 seasons. It is great to see the characters develop and watch the way different writers and directors impact the episodes. Watching them all together highlighted lots of trends - like everytime someone took over Mulder's body or life (this happened quite a lot) they would always try to seduce Scully. Or how every serial killer wanted to kill Scully - I forget how many times she was kidnapped or attacked in her appartment. Luckliy Mulder always arrived in time to save Scully from seducution (and the serial killers).

Currently we are watching Midsomer Murders. My favorite is the main character - Detective Chief Inspector Tom Barnaby, although I am fond of his wife Joyce too. The 13th season of the show is playing in the UK this year and each episode goes for an hour and a half so it is a big cmmittment to watch them all. So far we are up to season 5.

We also recently watched all of Scrubs, Arrested Development, How I met your mother and are always up to date with Top Gear.

The beauty of watching series to tv shows is that a) there are NO ADS, b) you can watch them whenever it is convient for you and c) stop and start them anytime.

3 comments:

Femina said...

I LOVE going through TV series on DVD. I like that it's not a two-hour commitment - if I want to watch half an hour of TV before bed I'll just pop on a half hour show. Perfect!

Ah, Arrested Development. I've just rewatched them all again. :)

Givinya De Elba said...

Sounds awesome, my new years resolution was to watch more TV (in order to slow down the pace of my life, and to spend less time on the computer!) but so far, it hasn't happened.

See - even if you make a new years resolution to watch more tv, you can't keep it!!!

Hippomanic Jen said...

I like that theory, but I obviously have Scottish ancestry and the only serieses I ever bought were Pride & Prejudice and The West Wing. (and even The West Wing I had started borrowing from our town library until I realised that they only had the first season)