Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Home sick II

I am home sick again today.

I managed to only do three loads of washing yesterday and spent lots of time resting so I was really happy with that. Today I have been even better doing absolutely nothing except for a bit of tidying around the place...I couldn't help myself.

But on the up side to do feel much better tonight and I will definitely be at work tomorrow.

For lunch today I had vegetable soup that I made on Sunday night. I was even more delicious after stewing in the fridge for a few days. Here is a picture I took of just before eating it today. See below for the recipe. It is very easy to make and so long as you use good quality stock it tastes great.


Classic Vegetables Soup

2 x 400 cans chopped tomatoes
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely crushed
2 carrots, chopped
2 sticks celery, chopped
2 zucchini, finely chopped
4 cups vegetables stock

Combine all ingredients in saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 20 minutes. Cool before transferring soup to blender. Blend soup to desired consistency. Reheat and serve hot with crusty bread or croƻtons.

No comments: