Tuesday, July 27, 2010

To sleep or not to sleep

Currently my cognitive function is at an all time low, so I thought I should blog something. Maybe that will get it working a bit better; or at the very least it will keep me awake.

My synapses can't fire well just right now because I am tired. So so tired. I haven't slept properly since Saturday night when I has in Copenhagen. Since then I have flown to Tokyo, had 12 hours in the airport there and then flown home. Long haul flights are really the pits. They sap all the joy out of traveling overseas, luckily they don't last forever and the travel memories soon overload the negative flight ones.

Anyway back to the sleeping, I really want to sleep right now, right this instant. I want to walk into my bedroom pull down the covers on my clean freshly made bed and collapse into it. But I know that if I let myself sleep now I won't sleep tonight and it will just take me longer to get over the jet lag. I have only moderate jet lag right now, it feels like I am on a boat, the world is rocking just a bit. It isn't unpleasant but it probably isn't really good either.

Hopefully I can hold out til at least later this afternoon....

7 comments:

Emily Sue said...

Go outside and get some sunshine - you need a serotonin hit to help you stay awake.

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

now that, my dear, is a very good idea! Ta.

Givinya De Elba said...

Oooh, you can do it! And an early night is certainly allowable!

(My, that sounds good! I should try it sometime.)

Hippomanic Jen said...

Hope you get an early night. Trying to wish you good sleep without an undercurrent of envy about the fact you've been overseas.

Not succeeding.

Jess said...

Copenhagen! *drools* One day... one day...

In the meantime, I hope your coffee doesn't start looking like it's a brain. Jetlag does strange things, I have heard...

Nathan said...

I've never traveled overseas (not by choice, but more by the restrictions of my wallet).

Having never had one of these airplane rides, I can't empathize, but I hope the jet lag doesn't do you in.

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

Thanks everyone. As you will see for my next post I did manage to stay awake until early evening. Of course by about 4 pm I was laughing hysterically at anything and by 5 pm I my eyes were totally glazed over and I couldn't focus them on anything but I didn't actually get into bed and sleep until 6pm. Somehow that felt like a really big achievement.