Sunday, February 21, 2010

Eye camera and other randomness

I was driving home the other day and saw a young guy riding his bike on a semi major road while talking on his mobile phone. He looked silly and what he was doing was quite dangerous. I would have really liked to take a picture of him but since I was driving and without a camera I could not do so.

It got me thinking about how convenient it would be to have a camera built into my eye. I imagine it would be a quick day procedure to install. I could take pictures by blinking my eyes firmly - a little like Jeannie in "I dream of Jeannie" when she grants wishes. I expect that downing the pictures once I have taken them would be done wirelessly, I am not keen on having a usb port installed.

I think all bloggers should get an eye camera installed. Imagine the images that we could capture to the post and blog about!

5 comments:

Emily Sue said...

I would love that! Or perhaps the less painful option of having a secret spy camera installed in the frames of my glasses... but that wouldn't help people who don't wear glasses.

I don't even want to think about where the usb port might go...

Givinya De Elba said...

Love the idea of a camera! But I need my eyeballs. The glasses frame idea would work for me. Could I get a camera built into sunnies for driving?

Allegro ma non troppo said...

Heck, the camera glasses idea is probably widely available in spy shops. Check ebay? Your wish could become a reality!

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

Yes I agree the camera in the glasses would be much more practical!

And I think we all know where the usb port would go :)

Hippomanic Jen said...

Love the idea, could have used it last weekend a couple of times.