Friday, October 02, 2009

new china

In helping my Gran last weekend to spring clean her china cupboard I ended up with some more china. Tom gets much kudos for doing all the actual work washing up every cup, plate and bowl in Grandma's hutch while she and I discussed the origins of each piece.

Grandma was kind enough to give me the tea set her parents were given as a wedding gift when they married in 1906. I insisted that she make this my birthday present this year which she reluctantly agreed to.

For me this is a wonderful gift. It has huge sentimental value to me because of it's history. As a lover of antique fine bone china I think the set is truly delightful. I will take some photos and post them soon.

5 comments:

pam said...

Pictures! I want to see pictures!

Givinya De Elba said...

Me too!

Your blog's looking nice, too.

Femina said...

Pictures!

And hey, nice blog revamp. :)

Allegro ma non troppo said...

yay for Granny!

Hippomanic Jen said...

Love the new blog format and yes, I want pictures. Although if the tea set was given in 1906, surely it can't be considered NEW china?