Monday, October 26, 2009

Beauty where you find it

Here are a couple of photos I have taken in my work travels.

The first is a photo of a church in Melbourne. I took this photo on my phone from my hotel room.


I love staying in Melbourne. It is a lovely city. The shopping is great. The dining is great. And people dress nicely. And I get to wear coats (something that doesn't happen often in BrisVegas).

The second is a photo from the window of my hotel in Canberra.
Canberra may have terrible weather but it sure is pretty in the morning.

2 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

I so get the "dress nicely" bit. Up here we are so casual (probably due to heat), but there is something just elegant about suits and overcoats and lined skirts. I love watching US and UK TV shows on the same principle.

Givinya De Elba said...

All people of style say they love Melbourne. Maybe I should go one day (though not being a person of style I'd look a bit out of place.)

My body looks better in thinner fabrics - a thick fabric makes me look much heavier than I am. So maybe I'm not suited to Melbourne style. Or maybe I'm not suited just because I'm a great big dag.