Saturday, April 14, 2007

BBQs and upset stomach

We had Tom's family over for breakfast this morning. I got up early and made blueberry muffins while Tom set the table and got everything ready. He did bacon, eggs and little sausages on the BBQ. It was great. We also had orange juice, a fruit platter and copious cups of tea. All in all it was a great meal and it was lovely to catch up with the family.

For lunch we went to the pool area at Cam and Ness's place for Cam's BBQ lunch (see the theme arising?). Cam and his uncle cooked a great BBQ with some really tasty steak and sausages. Everyone took salads to share and there were some great salads there - people were a lot more adventurous than my boring green salad. There were about a billion different cakes for dessert including the Toblerone Chocolate Cheesecake Tom made for Cam last night.

Unfortunately I started to feel sick with an upset stomach just before dessert so we missed out on trying the cheesecake. I won't lower the tone to describe my symptoms, but suffice to say I have not been too well but am feeling ok. I came home and had a shower and sleep. Now I am in my PJs on the couch - resting. Not exactly how I wanted to end the day, but it has allowed Tom to watch lots of football so it isn't a total loss. :)

No comments: