Sunday, November 12, 2006

Canberra

You know it is going to be a busy week when you wake up in one city and end up going to sleep in another. This week was one such week. After "working from home" on Tuesday I went to work on Wednesday with no idea that I would end up going to Canberra later that day.

I confirmed that I need to be in Canberra for am 8 am meeting Thursday midmorning and then had to quickly organise flights, accomodation, travel allowance and cab charges. Do some work then go home and pack. The qantas club was packed and the flight was very packed. At least I got a good seat. Thanks to qantas online check-in which is the best thing ever! It lets you check in up to 24 hours before your flight - which almost always means a great seat.

I think what I hate most about travel (and there is sooooo much to hate) is having dinner alone. The best idea is to try and travel at dinner time to save on eating out alone. Sure the plane food is ordinary but at least you are not sitting the hotel restaurant with a newspaper/magazine or worst sit eating in your room watching austar.

But enough of that - I am home now and very happy to be back.

No comments: