Sunday, May 24, 2009

Melbourne

I was in Melbourne this week for work. The work part all went well although I ended up with more action items than I would have liked. And the shopping went well too.

Melbourne is one of my favorite shopping destinations, certainly my favorite in Australia. This time I focus mainly on Melbourne Central and Myer.

The Melbourne City Myer is a bit of a rabbit's warren and I became completely disorientated and lost both times I visited. I suppose if you were accustomed to shopping there it would be ok and you could probably navigate it effectively. But I am not accustomed to shopping there and as a result spent the whole time I was shopping there feeling quite lost.

Melbourne Central was great. There was such a good variety of shops. I bought a denim skirt from Espirt which is very cute. I got Tom a nice business shirt from Industrie which, kudos to me, fit perfectly.

No comments: