Friday, June 29, 2007

Wedding Dress: dress for wedding

This week has been frantic. Today I did 8 hours of training and about 4 hours of report writing. And then after I was exhausted and totally over it - I went shopping. Because our weekend is already fully booked (dance card is full boys and girls) we had no option but to shop for my outfit for the wedding next Saturday tonight.

I started at Maiocchi as per Ness's instructions. (Thanks for the tip Ness - I really like the store) I thought I was on a winner with this dress..... but it wasn't quite right. I did find another couple of tops that I really liked but in the interest of getting an outfit in time for the wedding I shelved them and moved on.

My next stop was Cue which really only seemed to have very picked over sale stock in styles that didn't appeal anyway. At this stage Tom joined me and we contemplated giving up and going home - what stamina we have :) . But instead we had a bite or two to eat in Queens Plaza which gave us renewed energy.

Then we started fresh at David Jones. I went straight to the Veronica Maine area and found a great dress. I tried it on and it was a really great very flattering and very much my style - plain and classic. Now if I was a guy I would probably have bought it straight away but I am not so I proceeded to search the entire of David Jones to see if there was a better option. Needless to say an hour of my patient husband's time later, which included a trip to lingerie, hosiery, shoes and menswear, we concluded that in fact the dress I found first was the best in the entire shop. So we bought it. And now I just have to pray that no one else who is going to the wedding buys it too....

No comments: